If you’re a TikTok user who enjoys sharing videos with others, there may be a time when one of those videos doesn’t turn out quite as well as you hope. Or maybe you captured a video that you saved as a draft and decided to get rid of it rather than finish or edit it.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to delete TikTok videos from your account. We’ll include how to delete the current video you’re capturing, one you’ve already posted, and a video you’ve saved as a draft. No matter where that video resides on TikTok, you can rid yourself of it in a few taps!
How to Delete Your Current Video
Once you record a video on TikTok, you have a couple of extra steps before you share it. These steps allow you to add media like sound, effects, or text along with hashtags, mentions, and a description. Because of these steps, you have a couple of ways to back out of the video and start over or not capture one at all.
On the TikTok Recording Screen
Sometimes you start recording a video and realize you need to stop. Do the following to end the recording and remove the video.
- Immediately tap the checkmark on the bottom right.
- Instead of tapping Next, tap the arrow on the top left to go back.
- Then hit the X, also on the top left.
- You’ll be asked if you want to Start Over or Discard what you’ve captured.
On the TikTok Editing Screen
If you captured a quick video, you may run out of time to hit the checkmark described above. Not to worry! Follow these steps.
- When you see your video preview on the editing screen, tap the arrow on the top left to go back.
- Then, hit the X.
- Choose either Start Over or Discard.
On the TikTok Posting Screen
If you make it to the posting screen and then decide to delete the video, it’s basically the same as above.
- Tap the arrow on the top left to go back
- Tap the arrow again on the editing screen.
- Hit the X.
- Choose Start Over or Discard.