On an iPhone, how do you delete a Gmail account?
On an iOS device, deleting your Gmail is similar to deleting it on a computer. As a result, we’ll merely go over the essentials. You may do it via the Gmail app or the Safari browser on your iPhone. The final stages are similar to the desktop guide after you’ve started the deleting. The steps are listed below:
1. Press the hamburger menu in the top-left corner of your Gmail app and scroll down to Settings. Select the account you want to delete.
2. Tap “Manage your Google Account.”
3. Choose “Data & personalization”, then “Delete a service or your account,” and finally “Delete a service.”
4. Go to your Google services list and tap the trash can next to Gmail. To delete your Gmail account, follow the steps below. You can also find them in our step-by-step guide for Windows.
5 Things To Know Before Deleting Your Gmail Account
Before you delete your Gmail account, here are five things you should know.
It’s a big deal to delete your Gmail account. For some, it may even be comparable to going through a divorce. Make sure you’re aware of these five things before taking the irrevocable step:
1. The deletion of a Gmail account is irreversible. There’s no going back once you’ve completed all of the processes. You won’t be able to send or receive emails since all of your emails and account information will be lost. Furthermore, you and no one else will be able to select the same username.
2.Your Google account will not be harmed in any way. When you deactivate your Gmail account permanently, it does not instantly delete your Google account as well. You’ll be able to use Photos, Drive, and other services as usual.
3. There’s no method to get into other accounts. This email has probably been used to register at least a handful of your accounts. You might not be able to access those accounts once it’s gone.
4. There is no method to change passwords. Using this Gmail account, you’ve probably registered for at least a few services. You won’t be able to reset your password if you forget it.
5. All emails are available for download. You may effortlessly download your emails with Google Takeout before you terminate the account. If you use IMAP, keep in mind that only locally saved emails will be retained. All synchronized folders will vanish, much like your New Year’s resolutions.
Delete Your Google Account
You can even erase your whole Google Account, which includes Drive, Photos, Calendar, and other Google services, from your computer. Subscriptions to YouTube and Google Play will also be discontinued. Finally, if your Chrome browser is linked to your Google Account, you should save your bookmarks before proceeding with the procedure.
Follow these procedures to remove your whole Google Account:
1: Go to myaccount.google.com to begin.
2: Select “Data & personalization” from the left menu.
3: Select “Delete a service or your account” from the drop-down menu.
4: Choose “Delete your Google Account” from the drop-down menu. When prompted, enter your password.
5: If you like, you can download your data. After that, scroll down and check both boxes before clicking “DELETE ACCOUNT.”