Ancestry – How To Delete Ancestry Account | Ancestry Login – Close Ancestry Account: Are you looking for a guide on how to delete Ancestry account but don’t know the steps you will need to follow to get that done? If your answer is yes or something related to that, here is a comprehensive and straight to the point tutorial on how to easily and completely close ancestry account.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, you will see the different methods you will need to follow to delete your ancestry account. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
However, before we shall proceed with the steps on how to delete your ancestry account, let’s quickly take a brief look at what ancestry is all about.
What Is Ancestry?
According to Wikipedia, Ancestry.com LLC is a privately held online company based in Lehi, Utah. The largest for-profit genealogy company in the world, it operates a network of genealogical, historical records, and related genetic genealogy websites. Wikipedia further stated that as of November 2018, the company claimed to provide access to approximately 10 billion historical records, to have 3 million paying subscribers, and to have sold 14 million DNA kits to customers.
Interestingly, with ancestry, you can discover your family history and start your family tree. The company allow users to sign up a free account and access billions of genealogy records including Census, SSDI & Military records.
This article is all about how to delete your ancestry account. So if you are fed up with the ancestry website, you can follow the procedures we will be sharing with you in this article to easily delete your account.
Ancestry Sign In – Ancestry Login
If you have signed up an ancestry account and looking for the steps you need to follow to easily login your account, just follow the below steps to get that done easily.
- First off, you will need to go to www.ancestry.com on your browser
- Next, go to the top right corner of the page and click on the sign in button
- Now, you will need to provide your login email address
- Provide your login password
- Lastly, click on the sign in button and you will be taken to your ancestry profile
It is that simple. Try it and sign in your ancestry account fast and easily.
Having outlined that, let’s now continue to the business of the day, how to delete ancestry account fast and easily.
How To Delete Ancestry Account
How to delete your ancestry account is pretty simple and easy. All you need to do is to have the following documents handy:
- Your ancestry login password
- Your ancestry email address
- your billing or payment address
- your phone number
Here, we will show the different methods you need to follow to delete ancestry account fast. Continue.
Method 1: How To Delete Ancestry Account On Website
To delete your ancestry account on the official website, do the following:
- First off, you will need to visit www.ancestry.com in your browser
- Click on the sign in button at the top right corner of the page and sign in your account
- Next, you will need to visit URL http://ancestry.com/secure/account/delete
- The above link will take a new page. Now, you will need to enter your ancestry password in the space provided and click on the continue button
- Now, you will need to select the reason why you want to delete your ancestry account. Select the one that best describes the reason why you want to delete your account
- Click on the next step button to continue. At this stage, it is important to note here that once you delete your account, your username and password won’t be valid and you’ll no longer have access to Ancestry products and services, including family trees, DNA tests results, and record collection discoveries. Your ancestry account deletion is permanent and irreversible. Once complete, none of your data can be restored. If you are ready to delete your account, continue to the next stage
- Click next step on the popup box
- Now, you will need to visit your email address and copy the code sent to you by the ancestry support team.
- Enter the code in the space provided
- Click Delete Account
Your ancestry account will be deleted within 30 days from the time of your initial request.
It is important to bear in mind here that from this point on, your username and password won’t be valid and you won’t have access to Ancestry products and services, including family trees, DNA test results, and record collection discoveries.
Method 2: How To Delete Ancestry Account Via Support
Aside from the above guide, you can easily delete your ancestry account via the ancestry support center. Here is how to get that done easily.
- Visit www.ancestry.com in your browser
- Next, click on the sign in button at the top right corner of the ancestry homepage
- Enter your login email and password
- Lastly, click on the sign in button and you will be taken to your account
- Now, you will need to click on the help button at the top of the page
- Click contact us
- Now, you can choose to call or email the ancestry support team
- Call this number 1-800-615-6560. If you are calling aside of the US, you can click here
- Ask the representative to delete your account
- Provide your account details when asked
Method 3: How To Delete Ancestry Account By Sending Email
Every ancestry account owner, you can also contact the ancestry support team via email and get his/her account deleted. Here is how to go about that.
- Go to your email service provider and login your account
- Next, click on the compose button to start a new mail
- In the send to section, enter this email address [email protected]
- Under the subject section, enter a request to delete my account
- Type your message ensuring to include your account information and the reason why you want to delete your account
- Click on the send button once you are done
- Wait for a reply and the possible link to delete your account right away.
That is the steps you will need to follow to easily delete your ancestry account via email to the support team.
Now, your ancestry account has been deleted successfully. Those are the steps you will need to follow to easily delete your ancestry account. It is that simple. If you wish to delete your ancestry account, continue with the above steps and get it deleted right away.
How To Cancel Your Ancestry membership or free trial
Here are the steps you will need to follow to easily cancel your ancestry membership or free trial.
- First off, you will need to go to www.ancestry.com and sign your account or you can simply click here to continue to your subscription page
- In the Subscriptions section, click Cancel subscription.
- If there’s no Cancel subscription link on your My Account Options page, the account you’re signed into does not have a membership. If you’re being charged for a membership, you probably have another Ancestry account. Sign out of the account you’re in and sign back in using a different email address. If that doesn’t work, contact us to find the account you’re being billed on.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select a cancellation reason, then click Continue.
- At the bottom of the next page, click Continue to cancel.
- At the bottom of the next page, click Cancel my membership. Unless you’re within the refund window, your subscription will end automatically at the end of its current term. You can find the Ends On date on Your Account page.
- Check the email address associated with your Ancestry account. If you see a cancellation confirmation, your membership has been canceled. If you don’t see an email, start over at step 1 and make sure you complete all five steps above.
That is it on Ancestry – How To Delete Ancestry Account | Ancestry Login – Close Ancestry Account.
Kindly share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!