Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing: In today’s post, I am going to let you know the reason why you can’t find the facebook marketplace icon on your timeline.
So if you are wondering why facebook marketplace icon is missing, this article has gotten you covered.
Additionally, during the course of this article, you will also see the steps you need to take to access facebook marketplace and use it to advance the course of your online business.
Interestingly, facebook marketplace is a destination on the giant social media platform that lets facebook users advertise their online business free of charge and still achieve higher results.
Yes, the free online marketing platform all users to list items and then sell them to people within their immediate community.
How to access the marketplace on facebook is pretty simple and easy.
However, if you are not eligible to use it, you may not be able to access it.
This article is all about why your facebook marketplace button is nowhere to be found.
Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Facebook Marketplace: Over the years, people have been connecting, advertising and buying, and selling products and services on Facebook through Facebook groups, etc.
However, recently, Facebook has decided to simplify the process with more features in one place called the Facebook Marketplace.
The recent Facebook Marketplace feature which is becoming popular by the day is built into Facebook and gives millions of users the opportunity to buy, sell, and trade items and services with other people in their locality.
Facebook Marketplace allows you to:
- Search for items to buy
- Browse for-sale items by category and/or location
- Create item listings. You can create the images for the item using a camera function within the app, or alternatively, you can add photos from your device’s camera roll. Items are sorted according to location and category.
- View previous and current transactions and messages under a ‘Your Items’ section
- Set custom bids for items
- Message buyers/sellers to arrange transactions
How to Access the Facebook Marketplace Icon On Desktop PC
To access the facebook marketplace platform, all you need to do is to first off, log in to Facebook, you will find the Marketplace icon visible on the top right side of the page.
How To Access Facebook Marketplace On a Mobile app
This access the facebook marketplace, open the Facebook app, on the top center of the page you will find the Facebook Marketplace icon
Tap on that icon to take you to the Marketplace.
Why Facebook Marketplace Icon is Missing
Reasons for missing Marketplace icon will be discussed in this post under two sub categories – one being for new Marketplace service users and the other for existing Marketplace service users.
Reasons for Missing Marketplace icon
A. New Marketplace Users
If you’ve never used the Marketplace service on your Facebook account, but yet can’t find the icon, the reasons could stem from the following.
1) You’re under the age of 18 years – Facebook only allows users up to the age of 18 and above to use this service.
2) Unavailability of service in your country – The Marketplace service is only supported in 50 countries as of now. If you’re not from any of these regions, you’ll not have access to the service. Countries supported include the US, UK, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, Mexico, India, etc.
3) You’re using the iPod Touch – All Android and iOS devices can access thee Marketplace service except the iPod Touch.
4) Your Facebook account us new – Not all new users are allowed access to this service. This is Facebook’s way of ensuring that scammers blocked from previous accounts don’t set up new ones to make fake sales.
5) Dynamic Menu – Facebook shortcut features/links appear on the left side of the Facebook page based on how frequent you use them. Being that you’ve never used the Marketplace service, its link will likely not be shown in this area. However, tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) should make more features/links visible, including that of the Marketplace.
B. Existing Users
Reason for missing Marketplace icon on existing users’ accounts could be from;
1) Dynamic Menu – If you’ve gone for a some time without using the Marketplace service, it’s a link will gradually descend to the bottom and will eventually not be visible.
Tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines icon) will expose more shortcuts/links including that of the Marketplace.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you do not have Facebook Marketplace on your account, a few hacks can be applied to get it – being that you’re eligible to access it.
- Logging out and logging back into your account.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling your Facebook app.
- Changing your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace.
That is it on how to access facebook marketplace.
In conclusion, how to access facebook marketplace is pretty simple and easy.
However, if at the moment you don’t have Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, you will need to do the following:
- Facebook log out your facebook website or app and then log in again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Change your home country to one of the 50 supported by Facebook Marketplace.
- Use a new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake one made to see products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked
- Visit the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
Please share Why Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing – All You Need To Know with your friends and loved ones!!!
I hope this article was helpful.