Hello Folks, In this article, I’ll talk about the latest WAEC English Language Syllabus. Note that the syllabus that has been uploaded to the platform is the most recent version. This syllabus was made by the West African Examination Council for people who want to take the senior secondary school examination, either the private examination (first and second series) or the school examination.
The Waec English Language Syllabus is a document that lists everything that will be covered on the test or in the class. As a student, go through the topics and look for a different textbook to read and practice from. Also, use the online Waec English Language past question and answer to test your skills and see how well you are prepared.
How to use WAEC English Language Syllabus 2023/2024
- Download the PDF version of the syllabus
- Look for different English Language textbook
- Search for the topic in the textbook. Read, meditate and assimilate on what you’ve read
- Also, Look for WAEC English Language Series (Past Question) and treat it to know how well you’ve prepared.
WAEC English Language Syllabus 2023/2024
PREAMBLE: This test is meant to see how well you can talk and write in English. The test will look at how well candidates can take in and give out information. These skills will be shown through reading, understanding, summarizing, vocabulary, lexis, and structure, listening comprehension, and recognizing different ways English is spoken.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: The goal of the syllabus is to find out how well the goals of the teaching curricula of member countries have been met in the secondary school careers of candidates. The purpose of the test is to see if candidates can;
- Use correct English;
- Write about events in English that are right for certain situations and audiences;
- Organize material in paragraphs that are chronologically, spatially, and logically coherent;
- Control sentence structures accurately;
- Exhibit variety in the use of sentence patterns;
- Comply with the rules of grammar;
- Spell and punctuate correctly;
- Comprehend written and spoken English;
- Recognize implied meaning, tones, and attitudes;
- Use an acceptable pronunciation that can be comprehended by others;
- Recognize the physical characteristics of English sounds and the letters that represent them.
- Pick out and summarize relevant information from set passages
If you found this article helpful, someone else may need it too, so don’t hesitate to share it.
Thank you for visiting belmandeng, please don’t forget to leave a comment before closing the tab.