12 Snapchat Tricks you probably didn’t know: Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients.
Here is a post on 12 Snapchat Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features You Must Try. Snapchat is growing immensely popular every day and with more than 2.5 billion snaps sent every day on the photo, video, and messaging platform. This messenger app seems to be a little bit addictive as it packs a complex user interface, which takes some time to get used to. Snapchat has a lot of cool features waiting to unlock.
1. Save Data Through Travel Mode
Snapchat as a very addictive social media platform, that usually leads to the demise of your data. Thankfully, that is no longer a problem because snapchat comes with a feature which is known as ‘’Travel Mode’’, this feature reduces mobile data by not loading all snaps automatically, when travel mode is enabled, you will be required to tap to load content like stories or snaps. By default Travel Mode is disabled so you will have to head over to the.
- Switch Camera Modes With taps Switching the camera from the rear to from can at times be a quite hassle, thus Snapchat includes a very cool shortcut which allows you to switch between cameras with ease. All you need to do is just tap in the camera viewfinder to switch between the two camera modes.
- Record Videos without holding down the capture button
Recording videos without having to hold down the capture button can make it a lot easier to hold your phone steady and flip between the front and the rear camera.
How to do it
- Access Settings
- Select General
- Go to Accessibility
- Under the Interaction section, turn on the AssistiveTouch feature and a small icon will appear on the right side of your screen
- Tap Create New Gesture
- On the New Gesture page, hold your finger on the screen and let the blue bar at the bottom max out
- Tap Stop
- Save and name the gesture
- Open Snapchat and before you start recording a video tap the small icon
- Select Custom and a circle should appear on the screen
- Now simply tap the capture button and your Custom gesture will take care of the rest
NOTE: You need to be on an iOS device to use this trick.
4. Change the color of individual words and letters
How to do it
- Type your caption and tap the “T” icon to get the largest size text
- Select one color you want to use from the color palette to start with
- Then tap any word in your text and click the select option to highlight the word
- Move the highlight over any word or letter you want to change the color of
- Choose the next color from the color palette
- Use the volume buttons to take a photo or record a video in Snapchat
Yea, some will say this is the same trick that works on your phone default camera app. But consider this if you have a pair of earbuds or headphones with the volume control you can use to take snaps as well. You don’t even have to be holding your phone!
6. Delete a snap from your Story
This can be done with any snap in your story, regardless of where it appears in the order.
How to do it
- In Snapchat, swipe right from the default camera to choose the Stories view
- When your story appears, swipe up on the Snap you want to delete
- Tap the trashcan icon and select Delete
7. Add drawings and captions to ‘’Discover’’ content and share it with your friends
When viewing content from Snapchat’s Discover partners, tap and hold a Snap to share it with friends. A draft will be automatically be open, where you can add to it the same way you would with any of your own Snaps. These can only be sent to individuals via chat and not shared to your story.
8. Change the name that your friends see in chat
You can easily view a friend’s Snapchat details from within a chat. Tap the hamburger menu in the upper-left hand corner to get a quick look at your contact’s Snapchat score and Snapcode. You can also edit the contact’s name, block them or remove the conversation.
Editing a contacts name can be helpful at times and be a way to work around to the way snapchat organizes contacts particularly if you have a long list of snapchat friends. Add an “a_” before names you want to appear appear first in your friends list to eliminate unnecessary scrolling when you’re deciding who to send a snap to.
9. Add new friends even if you don’t have their contact info.
Snapchat’s “add nearby” feature allows groups of friends to easily add each other on Snapchat, provided they are in the same vicinity. Go to the “add friends” section of the app and select “add nearby” for a shortcut to add a new connection.
10. Decode and change those emoji in your friends list.
Snapchat will probably never bring back best friends, but its emoji offer a fun look at how you interact with your contacts on Snapchat. Hidden in the app’s “additional services” menu within the settings, you can find everything you need to know about this feature.
11. Resurrect old lenses by changing the date on your phone.
Snapchat swaps in various new lenses each day, but you can revert to previous ones that have disappeared by changing the date in your device’s main settings.
On iOS, go to Settings —> General —> Date & Time and turn off “set automatically.” On Android, go to Settings —> Date & Time and uncheck “automatic date and time.”
Then, you can chose the date of the lenses you want to use again, if you want to get a look at the first batch, you will probably need to go back to sept. 15, 2015, the day of the update. But remember it is not advisable to leave your phone on the wrong date for a long period of time.
12. Use three filters on a single snap.
Add a sepia filter, broadcast your location, and the current temperature all at the same time!
How it is done
- Take a picture in the app as you would normally
- Swipe left across the screen and choose your first filter
- Once you’ve landed on the one you want, hold your thumb anywhere on the screen to secure the first filter in place
- Now use your free hand to swipe through the other filters
- Once you’ve chosen your second filter, lift your thumb off the screen for a moment before tapping and holding it down again. Now you’re ready to start swiping left and choose a third filter
If you are not convenient with your Combo, simply swipe right to delete all three filters and return to your unfiltered image.
That is it on 12 Snapchat Tricks you probably didn’t know. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!