Secure My Facebook Account: Did you just sign up for a facebook account and look for a guide on how to secure your account on the giant social media platform?
If you answered yes or something related to that, here is a comprehensive and straight-to-the-point tutorial on how to secure facebook account from getting hacked.
Facebook is the greatest as well as the largest social media platform that allows people to sign up for an account and start connecting with their friends, customers, co-workers, and lots of others.
Well, not all the users on Facebook are genuine users. Some are just there to steal other people’s information and use it to carry out havoc on the platform.
So to fair well on Facebook, there are certain things you need to do to secure your account.
In this article, we will show you how to use your password to secure your facebook account.
Yes, it is recommended you use a strong password on facebook. However, to further secure your account on facebook, you will need to enable two-factor authentication, 2FA as well as constant changing of your password from time to time.
No worries, we will show you how to get those things done fast and immediately.
How to change your Facebook password on a web browser
- First off, you will need to visit https://www.facebook.com, and in the upper right corner of your screen, locate the downward-facing arrow, and click to reveal a drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the menu, locate the “Settings” option and click to go to your account settings page.
- Look for the “Login” section, and next to the “Change password” option, click edit. A longer, more complex password can help keep your account more secure.
- Confirm your current password, then choose a new one and enter it twice to confirm.
- Click save to confirm your new password. It’s that simple!
Those are the steps you need to follow to change your password on facebook website.
How to change your Facebook password on the mobile app
If you are using your mobile phone to access the facebook app, you can follow the below guide to change your facebook app password.
- After opening the Facebook app, locate the three horizontal lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, and click to open a menu of navigation options.
- Scroll down until you reach the “Settings & Privacy” section, click, and then click again on “Settings.”
- On the next screen, under “Security,” click the “Security and login” option to be taken to the next screen which reveals your login preferences.
- Under “Login” click “Change password.” Facebook
- On the change password screen, enter your current password as well as your newly selected password twice, clicking “Save Changes” to save your preferences. Your Facebook password is now changed. Again, a longer, more complex password can help keep your account more secure.
How to turn on two-factor authentication
It’s worth noting that if you don’t quite trust a simple password to protect your account, you do have the option to add two-factor authentication to your Facebook login.
What this means is that instead of simply entering your password to log in to Facebook, you’ll also need to enter a special code texted to your confirmed phone number every time you attempt to access the site.
This can be turned on under the same “Security and login” section listed above, in the “Two-factor authentication” section (which comes just under the section where you change your password).
Facebook’s two-factor authentication only kicks in when an active login expires or you login from a different device.
You will not need to enter a code if you are already logged into the site via the app or your computer.
That is it on How Can I Secure My Facebook Account In This Year 2022. I hope this article was helpful.
Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!