Cancel Facebook sent friend request – Several people nowadays use facebook to communicate with friends, loved ones, coworkers and lots of others.
It is no longer news that Facebook has now become a really great tool for communication, allowing us to directly message pretty much anyone.
If you’re among the numerous Facebook users, chances are that you’ve sent a Facebook friend request that you may want to cancel.
How to cancel a facebook friend request is very simple and easy.
And fortunately, this article will show you the techniques I used to cancel my sent friend request on FB.
Yes, you’ll figure out without stress the process involved in how to cancel a Friend request sent by me step by step.
Let’s get started!
Facebook is a social media platform that works well when people connect and interact with each other on a daily basis.
On the Facebook platform, people sent and accept friends requests from time to time.
As a facebook user, when you sent someone a friend request, Facebook will notify them that you’ve sent them a friend request.
If however, they are yet to accept the facebook friend requests, facebook saves their names on the pending friend request list.
Interestingly, facebook users can at any given time cancel friend requests they have sent on facebook to people.
There are many reasons why people want to cancel sent facebook friends request.
Whatever your reason is, here is a complete guide on how to cancel facebook sent friend requests step by step.
How To Remove/Cancel Facebook Friend Request
- Log into your Facebook account via facebook.com
- Go to the top right corner of your Facebook page and click on your name
- Click Friends at the bottom of your Facebook cover photo
- Locate and click on the friend requests option at the top right corner of the page
- Click View Sent requests at the top left corner of the page that appears
- Now, scroll through the list to the facebook profile of the person you wish to remove or cancel the friend’s request
- Next, hover your mouse on the friend request sent option at the far right of the name of the person
- Click Cancel Request from the drop-down menu and you’re done
Another quick way of accessing your facebook sent friend request is to go to the top right corner of any Facebook page and click on the image icon. Select friend requests at the top left corner of the box that appears. Next, locate and click on the view sent requests at the top left corner of the page. And then continue with steps 6 and 7 above.
That is how to cancel sent facebook friend request you longer want using your personal computer.
If however, you don’t have all the time to undertake all of the above processes before you access your facebook sent friend requests. you can use this link: https://web.facebook.com/friends/requests/?fcref=none&outgoing=1 to jump to your facebook friend request page.
Now, let’s consider how to access and cancel sent friend requests on facebook using your smartphone step by step.
How To Remove Facebook Friend Requests(MOBILE)
- Tap on the facebook app in your smartphone
- Locate at the top of the facebook app and you should see the facebook search button. Tap on it
- Next, enter the name of the person you sent the facebook friend request to.
- Now, you’ll need to navigate to their Facebook profile by selecting their name when it appears.
- Locate under their facebook profile and you should see the cancel request option. Tap on it
- Lastly, choose Cancel Request and you’re done
That is how to cancel sent friend requests on facebook app.
Bear in mind that you can use this link: https://m.facebook.com/friends/center/requests/outgoing/ to access all sent facebook friend requests on FB app fast.
It is important to note here that you can’t cancel a facebook friend request that has been accepted by someone.
However, if someone has already accepted a friend request you’ve sent and you don’t want to connect with the person, you may need to unfriend or block the person on facebook.
When you unfriend someone on facebook, you’ll also be removed from that person’s Facebook friends list.
Perhaps you wish to be friends with someone you’ve unfriended on facebook, you’ll need to add them as a friend again.
Here is how to unfriend someone on facebook:
- From facebook.com, log onto your account
- Enter the name of the person in the facebook search bar and click on the search button
- Locate and click on the facebook profile name of the person
- On their facebook news feed, locate and click on the friends button below their facebook cover photo
- Click Unfriend from the dropdown menu and you’re done
That is how to unfriend someone on facebook.
I hope Easy Guide On How to remove or cancel a friend request you sent to someone on Facebook was helpful.
Please share this facebook post with your friends and loved ones!