How to Unblock Myself If Someone Blocked Me: Facebook Unblock – In today’s post, I’m going to show you how to unblock yourself when someone else blocked you on facebook.
This post will expose you to the exact steps I used to unblock myself if someone blocked me.
You’ll also see the steps you need to follow to view your facebook blocked list and unblocked a blocked friend on the giant social media platform.
Let’s dive right in…
Facebook has become a household name.
The giant social media platform has evolved from just a messaging platform utilized for connecting and interacting with loved ones and friends to a global marketing place.
The platform has several users and every single day that passes new users signup accounts.
According to statistics, Facebook now has over 3 billion active monthly users who use the social platform to either chat, sell or buy things, connect with loved ones and friends, and do lots of other things.
Well, Facebook, as one may say owing to the numerous free features that help people in several ways, also have its own disadvantages.
People hacked other’s accounts and use them to commit havoc on the platform.
On the other hand, some people’s main purpose of signing up a facebook account is to use it as a means of spamming other users.
In view of these and very many other issues, facebook users now seek how to salvage their accounts from unscrupulous users.
Thankfully, Facebook has a feature known as facebook block that helps you restrict people from accessing your profile on the giant social media site.
Interestingly, when you block someone on Facebook, they won’t be able to see anything you post on your profile, tag you in any form of content, invite you to any events or groups, send you a message, or add you as a friend.
How to Block Someone On Facebook
To block someone on facebook, do the following:
- First off, log onto your Facebook account from facebook.com
- Locate and click on the profile of the person you wish to block
- Next, navigate to the bottom right of his/her cover photo and click on the three-dotted icon. See the screenshot below.
4. Click Block from the drop-down menu to remove the person from your facebook friends list. See the screenshot below.
Once you click on the block button, they will immediately be removed from your facebook friends list and moved to your facebook blocked list.
People in your blocked Facebook list can’t interact with your profile for the time being.
How To Unblock a Facebook friend On Mobile
To block someone on facebook via your mobile device do the following:
- Open your Facebook app by tapping on it on your device
- Tap on the Facebook name of the individual you want to block
- Next, tap (…) at the right corner of their profile
- Click block from the popup menu and the person will be removed from your facebook list of friends.
That is how to block people on facebook app.
Try it and let us know if you’ve been able to use the above procedure to block people on facebook.
People can block others on facebook for reasons best known to them.
However, whatever the reasons for blocking might be, you may someday wish to unblock your blocked Facebook friend.
Interestingly, this facebook post is all about how to unblock people on facebook.
Worthy of note here is that when you unblock someone on facebook:
- You don’t automatically befriend them
- You’ll need to send them a brand new friend request to be able to reconnect and start interacting with them
- you’ll need to wait for 48 hours before you can block them back that is if you wish to.
- They will have to accept your sent friend request before you can start interacting with them as usual
- Unblocking on facebook is the opposite of Facebook blocking
Before we shall get started with how to unblock somebody on facebook, let me stress here that unblocking people on FB is very simple and easy.
These are the exact steps I used to unblock someone I blocked from my facebook friends list someone days back.
Please don’t ask me why I blocked the person.
It is a personal issue.
Okay…let’s kick things off with the strategy I used to unblock that friend of mine.
How To Unblock Repented facebook Friends
As earlier stated, unblocking is the polar end of blocking, and once you unblock someone on facebook you’ve undone the blocking action.
In other words, when you unblock a facebook friend, the person is immediately removed from your facebook blocked list.
And you can now see their profile and send them a friend request.
To unblock facebook, do the following:
- Log onto your Facebook profile from facebook.com
- Click on the triangular-shaped icon at the top right corner of your facebook page and then select settings from the dropdown menu. See the screenshot below.
3. Next, go to the left column of the general account settings page and click on the blocking button. See the screenshot below.
4. On clicking on the blocking option, you’ll be taken to the manage blocking page. Now scroll down to the “Block users” section, and click the “Unblock” option at the far right of the profile name of the person you wish to unblock.
5. You’ll need to confirm the unblock action. To do that, click on the confirm button at the bottom right of the popup box.
That is how to unblock someone on facebook using your desktop computer.
Now Let’s also figure out how to unblock someone on facebook on mobile
How to Unblock Somebody On Facebook Via Mobile
To unblock a blocked Facebook friend on facebook app, do the following:
- Open your device and tap on the facebook app
- Tap on the menu button at the top right corner of the facebook app
- Scroll down to settings and privacy and then tap on it
- Tap on settings
- Scroll down the page and you should see blocking. Tap on it and you’ll be taken to your facebook blocked list
- Now, tap on unblock that is beside the name of the person you want to unblock.
That is how to unblock someone from your facebook lists of blocked users.
Unblocking Someone On Facebook Messenger
If you’ve blocked someone on facebook messenger, you can also unblock them.
Just like how to unblock someone on facebook, the parent app of facebook messenger, to unblock someone on messenger will not take a dime of your time.
The process is as simple as the word.
Let’s get started with the simple steps for getting people unblocked on Facebook messenger.
- Open the messenger app on your device
- Next, tap on your profile photo at the top left corner of the messenger app. See the screenshot below
3. Navigate down the page that appears and tap on the account settings option
4. Now, tap on the blocking option
5. You enter the profile name of someone in the text box and click the “Block” button to block them. Below the text box, there’s a list of previously blocked people. To unblock someone, click the “Unblock” button beside their name.
6. Click the blue “Unblock” button to unblock that person.
That is how to unblock someone on facebook messenger. Try it out and let us know if you’re able to use the above steps to unblock somebody from your facebook messenger blocked list.
How to Unblock Myself If Someone Blocked Me
There is no facebook feature that lets you unblock yourself someone else blocked you from their end.
In other words, it is only someone that blocks you can unblock on facebook.
However, you can contact them offline and plead with them to unblock you.
So if someone has blocked you on facebook, you may need to call the person to unblock you.
That is what you need to know. Thanks for reading our guide.
I hope this article was helpful.