How to Delete Facebook Notifications
Facebook’s reputation for spamming its users has grown. The mobile application bombards you with notifications. Each day, dozens of emails are received. And each time you log in to the online application, you’ll see a multitude of new notifications.
Thankfully, it does not need to be this way. If you want to know how to erase Facebook notifications, how to clear Facebook notifications, or how to totally disable Facebook notifications, read on.
Let’s begin with the most crucial question: how do you delete Facebook notifications?
If you wish to delete a Facebook notice from the web app, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Facebook.com and log into your account.
- Click on the Notifications bell in the upper right-hand corner.
- Find the notification that you want to hide.
- Click on the three horizontal dots alongside the notification you want to delete.
- Select Remove this notification.
Similar steps are required to deactivate Facebook notifications from the mobile app. Simply launch the application and select the Notifications tab. Once you’ve located the notice you wish to delete, hit the three dots and select Remove this notification.
How to Clear All Facebook Notifications
When you log into Facebook and see a large number of unread alerts, you should immediately clear them. If you click the bell symbol, the red dot representing unread alerts will disappear.
However, you have not effectively resolved the issue. If you do not clear the notifications, they will reappear the next time you receive an alert. To permanently delete Facebook notifications, you must mark them all as read.
Strangely, there is no option to erase unread notifications from the smartphone app without opening each one individually. Instead, you must conduct the action using the online application.
Follow this instructions to designate all of your Facebook alerts as read.
- Head to Facebook.com and log into your account.
- Click on the Notifications icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the three horizontal dots.
- Select Mark all as read.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications by Category
In the Facebook Settings menu, you can disable notifications for any form of alert (e.g. birthdays, people you may know, events, pages you follow, etc).
You may also utilize the menu to re-enable a notification you disabled using the first approach we covered.
Use the following step-by-step steps to disable Facebook notifications by category:
- Go to Facebook.com and log into your account.
- Click on the down arrow in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose Settings and Privacy > Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the panel on the left-hand side of the page, click on Notifications.
You will now see a list of the various notification types. To disable a particular sort of notification, open the area and make the desired changes. Some notification categories can be deactivated with a simple toggle; others (such as Groups) provide control over email and SMS notifications, as well as granular control over which groups you wish to deactivate precisely.
It’s also worthwhile to browse to the very bottom of the list to the section under “How you receive notifications.” It allows you to choose which browser and email notifications you wish to receive. You can choose to receive Facebook’s suggested alerts if you’re too lazy to modify things, but this will likely result in you receiving an excessive amount of spam.
How to Stop Facebook Notifications on Android
To completely stop Facebook notifications on Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Select Apps and Notifications.
- On the next window, tap on See all apps.
- Scroll down to Facebook and tap on it.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Slide the toggle next to Show notifications into the Off position.
How to Stop Facebook Notifications on iOS
If you have an iOS device, follow these steps to stop Facebook notifications:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select Notifications from the menu.
- Scroll down to Facebook and tap on the entry.
- At the top of the new window, slide the toggle next to Allow Notifications into the Off position.
More Ways to Make Facebook Work for You
Regaining control of your Facebook alerts is merely one method for making Facebook work for you. Yes, some micromanagement is required, but it’s well worth the work to make Facebook more useful than bothersome.
This is true for a significant portion of the Facebook experience; the more time you spend customizing the app, the more enjoyable your experience will be.