Although this can change over time, your YouTube channel’s name should appropriately convey its purpose. If it no longer adequately defines your work, it may be time for a revision. Consequently, your channel’s name must be updated.
Here are the steps and the implications for your Google account and channel.
How to change the YouTube channel name on the desktop
1. If necessary, visit the YouTube website and sign in to your account.
2. In the upper-right corner of the screen, click your profile symbol and then pick Your Channel.
3. Select the blue Channel Customization icon.
4. Click the Basic Information tab.
5. Click the pencil-shaped Edit button next to your current channel’s name.
6. Enter the desired channel name in the box provided.
7. To modify your channel’s name, click the blue Publish button situated in the top-right corner of the screen.
How to change the YouTube channel name on mobile
The procedure is identical on both Android and iPhone.
If necessary, use the YouTube app and sign in to your account.
2.Toggle your profile image in the upper-right area of the display.
3. Choose Your Channel
4. Select Edit Channel
5. Select the pencil-shaped Edit icon located next to your name.
6. Add the appropriate channel name to the text box, then touch the checkmark in the upper-right corner or OK, depending on your phone.
Can you change your YouTube name without changing your Google name?
Yes. Your Google name is unique from your channel name. However, information regarding the name of your YouTube channel will be retained in your Google account. And your Google account is your primary account, while your YouTube moniker serves as your public identity.