When you create a Facebook account, it appears in the language you select in your device’s language settings. Check out this step-by-step guide for changing the language on Facebook using an Android phone.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, allowing users to share photos, videos, and opinions with others. Facebook can be translated into over 100 different languages.
When you create a Facebook account, it appears in the language you select in your device’s language settings. To see buttons, notifications, most text, and tooltips in a different language and format, change your language and region settings.
At the moment, region settings are only available on your computer.
Check out this step-by-step guide for changing the language on Facebook using an Android phone.
Here is how to change your language on Facebook: Android
- Launch Facebook on your smartphone.
- Go to your Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings & Privacy and then tap on Language.
- Select the language that you want Facebook to appear in.
Note: Changes to your Facebook account’s language settings will not affect the settings on your phone or tablet.
When you change your Facebook language settings on one device, it does not affect the settings on another. If you change your Facebook language settings on your tablet, you’ll need to update your Facebook language settings on your phone as well.
How to change other language settings:
You can change other News Feed language settings, such as:
- Changing the language that you’d like to have posts translated into.
- Turning off translations for posts in other languages.
- Updating whether posts in a different language are automatically translated.