“How easy is it to use the Facebook marketplace to sell things?” was a question someone asked me on Quora a few days ago.
I chose to address it here seeing that several online business owners are still in dire need of the answer to this same question.
Well, before we shall attempt to proffer an answer to the question, let’s quickly consider some basic things one needs to know about Facebook.
What Is Facebook?
Facebook in a simple term is one of the social media platforms or websites with a whopping record of having more than 3 billion active monthly users.
The platform is best known by many persons as a chatting app for connecting with family members, friends, and loved ones.
Yes, these persons make use of Facebook to send messages and pictures to their family members and loved ones from time to time.
Well, let me clarify here that Facebook has evolved beyond a mere chatting app for connecting with people.
Today people use Facebook as a means of sharing their videos, marketing, and many others.
Facebook free features such as pages, groups, timelines, as well as marketplace lets its users utilize the platform to advance their business free of charge.
However, to be able to make use of this free Facebook feature for any reason, you’ll need to create a free account. See how to create a Facebook account below,
How To Create Account On Facebook Platform
The steps involved in signing up for an account on Facebook are very simple and easy.
All you need to create a Facebook account is your name, password, email address, and device that can access the internet.
If you do, follow the below steps:
- Enter https://www.facebook.com in your browser and hit on the search button and you’ll be taken to the official Facebook page
- Now go to the signup account section and enter the required documents(i.e. your email address or cellphone number, name, date of birth, and your gender)
- Click on the signup button and you’re done
- To complete your account registration process, you’ll need to confirm your email address or cellphone number. If you use your cellphone number, you’ll receive a code from Facebook whereas if you use your email, a confirmation link will be sent to your email. Enter the code sent to your mobile phone in the space provided to access your Facebook account. Or head to your email and click on the confirmation link to proceed to your Facebook account.
That is how to create a Facebook account. Remember that when you enter the code sent to your phone or click on the confirmation link, you may be asked to enter your name or email and your password to log in and start using your account.
It is as simple as that. Your Facebook account is now live. Go ahead to upload your profile photo and cover phone. Your cover photo is the photo that covers the upper part of your Facebook profile. It is what your friends see first when they land on your profile.
Your Facebook profile photo is situated at the bottom left of your cover photo. It is what appears in searches. That when people search for your profile on Facebook.
Bear in mind that you can always change your profile and cover photos whenever you choose to.
Having outlined the above steps on how to create a Facebook account, let’s quickly snap back to what called for this article; How easy is it to use the Facebook marketplace to sell things?
Facebook Marketplace Buy And Sell
Facebook marketplace is a free marketing feature that allows Facebook users to buy and sell things free of charge.
The free marketing place was launched on Facebook around October 2016. Today, a lot of Facebook users are using the free marketing platform to advertise and sell their items within and outside their geographical area.
There are different facebook marketplace categories. So when you want to sell on the Facebook marketplace, you’ll need to select the categories that match the items you want to sell or buy.
How To Sell Things On Facebook Marketplace
Bear in mind that to sell on the Facebook marketplace, you’ll need to access the platform first.
However, it is worthy to note that the Facebook marketplace is not available to everybody at the moment.
To figure out if you can access the Facebook marketplace, all you need to do is to check:
- if you’re at a location where the Facebook marketplace is available
- if you’re using the language that is accepted on the marketplace
- if your Facebook app is the latest version
- if you’re more than 18years of age
- your account must not be new on Facebook
Those are the requirements for accessing the FB marketplace buy and sell.
How easy is it to use the Facebook marketplace to sell things?
The process of selling on the Facebook marketplace is very simple and easy. All you need to do is to ensure to observe the Facebook marketplace rules and regulations as that will help salvage your account from getting banned from the marketplace.
How To Access Facebook Marketplace
If you’re eligible to access the Facebook marketplace, when you log in to your account, you’ll see the marketplace icon at the left column of your timeline.
Another way to ascertain if you are eligible to use the Facebook marketplace is to type https://www.facebook.com/marketplace in your browser and hit on the search button.
If your account has satisfied all the requirements, you’ll be taken to the marketplace straight up.
If not, you’ll see a message telling you that the marketing platform is not available to you at the moment that you should check back later.
Note that if you’re in dire need of selling your eCommerce business on Facebook, you can use a Facebook business page or search for selling groups that are in your geographical area and join while you still wait to be accepted on the Facebook marketplace.
How To Sell things on Facebook Marketing place
To list your items for sale on the Facebook marketplace, do the following:
- From facebook.com, log in to your account
- Go to the left column of your Facebook timeline and click on the marketplace icon
- Click on sell something
- Next, click on item for sell
- Now, enter the details of your item in the spaces provided
- Select a category for your product
- Finally, click on the post button and you’re done
There are no hidden charges for using the Facebook marketplace to sell things.
That is how simple it is in using the Facebook marketplace in advance of your eCommerce business.
Bear in mind that buyers who are interested in your listed products will message you.
If you want to buy something on the Facebook marketplace, do the following:
- Facebook login your account
- Click on the marketplace icon
- Locate and select an item you’re interested in
- Click on the message button and then send the seller a message informing him/her that you’re interested in buying the item
- The seller will immediately reply to your message
Note that it is important you check the seller’s rating on the marketplace before you proceed with the process of purchase.
In conclusion, selling on the Facebook marketplace is very simple and easy. All you need to do is to always choose a person that has the best knowledge about the targeted audience and running Facebook ads and then regularly updates your Facebook page to make your products searchable.
Is it on How easy is it to use the Facebook marketplace to sell things?
If you have any questions or contributions to make to this article, please don’t hesitate to use the comment box below to air your views. Thanks for reading our post.
please share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!