Here is a facebook post on how to temporarily deactivate a facebook account.
This article, in essence, will take you through the complete step-by-step guide on How to delete Facebook account temporarily?
Interestingly, Facebook is one great app that lets you connect and interact with your friends and loved ones.
The giant social media platform has over time gone beyond a mere chatting app to an online marketing hub.
Nowadays, people use facebook features like the facebook page, facebook groups, facebook timeline as well as facebook marketplace to buy and sell to promote their eCommerce business.
Howbeit, often Facebook can get boring, and you may feel the need to turn off your account and take a break.
Facebook lets you to temporarily deactivate your account and regain access to your Facebook account data/information.
Deactivating your Facebook account nevertheless, varies from completely deleting your account.
If you’re not going to have any activities going on, on your Facebook profile, immediately deactivate your account. Nevertheless, the data would still be available to Facebook.
I guess you may want to consider deactivating your Facebook account if you want to take a break from the giant social media platform.
This post is all about how to deactivate your Facebook account and would also take a brief look at the steps you need to follow to delete your facebook account completely.
A Facebook deactivated account can be reactivated and all documents in the account will remain intact.
If you deactivate your Facebook account, you can still be using your Facebook messenger.
As earlier outlined, facebook account deactivation is different from facebook deletion in that, deleted accounts can’t be recovered or reactivated.
Below are the things that happen to your Facebook account when you get it deactivated.
According to the facebook help center, peradventure your Facebook account is deactivated the following conditions will be applied to it:
1. None of your facebook friends or people on the giant social media platform can see your profile.
2. Some of your Facebook profile data may still be available, such as messages you sent to friends.
3. Your friends on Facebook may still see your name on their list of friends on Facebook.
4. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their Facebook friends list.
5. Facebook group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
6. If you keep your Facebook Messenger active before you deactivate your Facebook account, your messenger will still be active.
7. If you log in to Messenger when you disable your Facebook account, Messenger will remain active.
Worthy of note here is that when you deactivate your Facebook account, but you still have Messenger:
- on Facebook Messenger, you can still chat with friends.
- Your profile picture on Facebook will still be available in your Messenger conversations.
- Most people will search for a message to be sent to you.
Those are the things you should expect when you deactivate your account.
The above statement proffers an answer to the question: Can I deactivate my Facebook account and still use messenger?
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account Step By Step
The steps involved in deactivating your Facebook are very simple and easy.
Below are the quick guides on how to temporarily deactivate Facebook Account.
- First off, you’ll need to log onto your Facebook account via the facebook official webpage, facebook.com
- Click V-like at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings, then click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Deactivate Account, then click Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
Let’s consider how to deactivate your facebook in detail.
To deactivate your Facebook account on a browser, do the following:
- Login facebook. Enter https://www.facebook.com in your browser and click on the enter button.
- Click on the v-like icon at the top right corner of your account. See the screenshot below:
3. Now, click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu
4. Next, click on the option that says; your facebook information
5. Click Deactivation and Deletion or view at the bottom right of the page
6. Next, click on the continue to account deactivation
7. Re-enter your facebook account password in the space provided and click on the continue button at the bottom right of the page.
8. Choose the reason you want your account to be deactivated from the list of the various options that display.
9. Choose close at the bottom right of the next page that appears
10. Click deactivate button
11. To complete the deactivation process, click deactivate now and the account will be deactivated.
That is how to deactivate your Facebook account.
Bear in mind that if you don’t want to deactivate your account, you can click on the cancel button in the screenshot above.
Interestingly, the above procedure has provided an answer to the question: How can I temporarily deactivate FB?
As earlier stated, non of your facebook friends, as well as other Facebook users, would be able to access your profile on the giant social media platform once deactivated.
Another thing is that you can easily reactivate a deactivated Facebook account. See how to reactivate a deactivated facebook profile or account below.
How To Re-activate A Deactivated Facebook Account
Facebook account reactivation is polar of Facebook account deactivation.
When you reactivate your Facebook account that has been deactivated, the following things happen:
- Your account on facebook becomes visible to other Facebook users
- you can interact with other Facebook users
- You can appear in facebook groups that you’ve joined
In a nutshell, your deactivated facebook becomes live when once you reactivate it.
To reactivate your Facebook account, just log into the account as usual, and boom! you’ll start using it again.
Well, this reactivation feature of facebook disabled account can’t be applied to a permanently deleted facebook account.
What that means is that when you delete your Facebook account permanently rather than deactivating it temporarily, your account is gone forever.
Let’s quickly consider what facebook account permanent deletion entails and how to hover about the facebook interface to get rid of your account permanently.
Facebook Account deletion
Here is how to permanently delete your Facebook account guide.
Before you proceed to the steps on how to permanently delete your account on Facebook, take a look at the following important points.
Which happens when my Facebook account is completely deleted?
- You can’t reactivate your Facebook account.
- Your Facebook profile, photos, posts, videos, and everything else you’ve added will be permanently deleted. You won’t be able to retrieve anything you’ve added.
- You won’t be able to use Facebook Messenger anymore.
- For other apps that you may have signed up for with your Facebook accounts, such as Spotify and Pinterest, you will not be allowed to use Facebook Login. To recover these accounts, you may need to contact the apps and websites.
- Some of the information, like messages you sent to your facebook friends, may still be visible to them after you delete your Facebook account. Copies of messages you have sent are stored in your friends’ inboxes.
Before you permanently delete your Facebook account, it is important you download a copy of your information from facebook.
Yes, Facebook has a feature that lets its users download a copy of their information from the giant social media platform.
The steps on how to do that on Facebook are very simple and easy. Let’s see how to get that done below.
Steps On How To Download A Copy Of Your Facebook Information
To download your data from facebook, do the following:
- Navigate to the top right of Facebook and tap the arrow sign button
- Locate and tap Settings from the lists of menus that appear
- Tap Your Facebook Information in the left column of the general account settings page.
- Next, choose Download your Information and tap View.
- Tap the boxes on the right side of Facebook to choose the categories of data from your request.
- Select other options, including File Format, Quality of photos, videos, and other media.
- Specific date Range. If you do not select a date range, you will request all the information for the categories you have selected.
- Tap Create File to confirm the download request.
Bear in mind that immediately after making a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Download Your Data Tool tab of the Available Files.
It may take Facebook a few days to complete your download request.
When your download request is done, you will receive a notification to let you know it’s ready.
Now it is time to download your requested facebook data or information.
So how do you download your facebook requested information?
That is pretty simple. Follow the few guides below:
To download a copy of the data you requested:
- Go to the available Files section of the Download Your Information tool on facebook.
- Next, you’ll need to click on the Download button
- Enter your Facebook password.
- Finally, you may also click Show more to view information about your download request, such as the format and when it will expire.
That is it with how to download your information from facebook.
The file will be downloaded to your phone’s memory or personal computer depending on the device you used.
Having successfully downloaded your facebook information, let’s now head straight to the process involved in permanently deleting your Facebook account.
How to Permanently Delete your Account On Facebook
- First login to your facebook account
- Tap on the arrow button at the top right corner of any Facebook page.
- Tap Settings and then select Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Next, you’ll need to choose Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap Delete Account, then tap Continue to Account Deletion.
- Now, enter your Facebook password and hit Continue, and then tap Delete Account.
That is how to delete your Facebook account.
The question now is, can I recover my permanently deleted facebook account?
Well, let me say here that, if your Facebook account deletion process has been less than 30 days since you started, you can still cancel the deletion of your account.
However, when once it passes 30 days, it will completely delete your account and all its data and you will not be able to retrieve your information.
Interestingly, it may take 90 days to delete all the things you posted on Facebook from the start of the deletion process.
When Facebook deletes your data, other users using Facebook will not be able to access your information.
That is it with how to deactivate your Facebook account.
I hope this article was helpful.
Do you have any questions regarding how to delete or deactivate your Facebook account?
If yes, use the comment box below, and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones. Thanks for reading our guide.