Xiaomi is one of the few smartphone makers that actively encourages third-party development by providing a variety of tools. Xiaomi’s MI Unlock Tool may be used to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi smartphone. Before rooting or installing any custom ROM on Xiaomi phones, users must first utilize this tool. Users who are interested can get the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool from the table below.
Xiaomi used to sell smartphones that were unlocked and pre-rooted, but over time, and as a result of certain strange retail practices, the company has limited root access. It is now mandatory for Xiaomi customers to first unlock the bootloader with the Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool before proceeding with any customisation. It is the safest and only official technique to unlock the bootloader and ensure that there will be no issues.
In today’s post, we’ll show our readers how to use the Mi Unlock Tool to unlock Xiaomi smartphones. The latest version of the Mi Unlock Tool, v3.5.1128.45, is available for all Xiaomi devices, including the Redmi Note 8 and all new devices. Before you begin downloading, you should be aware of the benefits of unlocking the bootloader.
Why Bootloader is locked?
Xiaomi smartphones were once known for having an unlocked bootloader, but after receiving a number of fraudulent handsets, the Chinese business began to lock the bootloader. It aids the organization and its users in avoiding the blunders of some sellers. They typically install malware or other unauthorized software that degrades the user experience.
Unlocked devices are difficult to track, and locking the bootloader improves the smartphone’s overall security. It even allows the user to locate their smartphone if it is misplaced.
Benefits of Unlocking the Bootloader
- It is a window to root your smartphone.
- Brings the ability to install Custom Recovery and Custom ROMs.
- The user can flash files without losing data.
- Ability to remove bloatware and other pre-loaded applications.
- Complete backups of your Android Phone or Tablet.
- Ability to install custom frameworks like Substratum, Xposed and others.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool
|Name||Mi Unlock Tool v3.5.1128.45|
|OS SUpport||Windows 7/8/10|
Steps to unlocking Bootloader
Follow the steps below to unlock your Xiaomi device normally.
- You must have a fully running Xiaomi Mi device with Mi account signed in.
- Also, ensure your PC has the necessary USB drivers.
- Your device should be running the latest official MIUI ROM before proceeding.
- Enable Developer Option by heading to the Settings>About Phone>MIUI.
- Enable USB Debugging and bind your Mi account under Mi Unlock Status by heading to Settings>Additonal Settings>Developer Options.
- Now login to your Mi account by heading to the Settings > Mi account > Mi Cloud > Enable Sync and Find Device. (If other devices are in sync with the same account, we suggest to disable Sync on them temporarily.)
- Download and Extract the Mi Flash Unlock tool on the PC.
- Upon extracting, open the MiFlashUnlock.exe file from the folder and click Agree on the disclaimer page.
- Enter the login details of the same Mi account you logged-in on the Mi 9.
- Now boot the device into the Fastboot/Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the volume keys + Power key for about 10 seconds.
- After booting into fastboot mode, now connect it to your PC via the USB cable.
- The Mi Flash Tool will show the Mi device as successfully connected.
- Once connected, then click on the Unlock button.
- Sometimes Xiaomi will make you wait for 48-72 hours to unlock a phone when it is at 90%. Otherwise, it will complete to 100%, and you will get ‘Unlocked Successfully’ notification.
- After acquiring the unlock permissions, Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume – button at the same time to enter bootloader mode.
- Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device to the PC using a USB cable
- Press ‘Unlock’ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock successfully.