Delete OkCupid Account – Permanently Delete Your OkCupid Account: Are you fed up with OkCupid and looking for a guide on how to delete OkCupid account? If you answered yes, here is concise and straight to the point tutorial on the steps you need to follow to delete OkCupid account permanently.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, you will see all the all that is therein on how to delete account on OkCupid platform. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
The process involved in deleting your okcupid account is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed further on how to get that done, we will first off, take a brief look at what okcupid is all about.
What Is OkCupid?
OkCupid (often abbreviated as OKC, but officially OkC) is an U.S.-based, internationally operating online dating, friendship, and formerly also a social networking website and application. It features multiple-choice questions to match members.
It is supported by advertising and by selling user data. Despite claiming the “site is completely free”, users are increasingly charged for an array of once-free features, although registration remains free. OKCupid is owned by Match Group, which also owns Tinder, Hinge, Plenty of Fish, and many other popular dating apps and sites.
While the site and app once supported multiple modes of communication, this has been restricted to messaging. OkCupid was listed in Time magazine’s 2007 Top 10 dating websites. The website was acquired by IAC’s Match.com division in 2011.
OkCupid was originally owned by Humor Rainbow, Inc. OkCupid’s founders (Chris Coyne, Christian Rudder, Sam Yagan, and Max Krohn) were students at Harvard University when they gained recognition for their creation of TheSpark and, later, SparkNotes. Among other things, TheSpark.com featured a number of humorous self-quizzes and personality tests, including the four-variable Myers-Briggs style Match Test.
SparkMatch debuted as a beta experiment of allowing registered users who had taken the Match Test to search for and contact each other based on their Match Test types. The popularity of SparkMatch took off and it was launched as its own site, later renamed OkCupid. In 2001, they sold SparkNotes to Barnes & Noble, and began work on OkCupid.
In 2007, OkCupid launched Crazy Blind Date. This article is all about how to delete OkCupid account. If however, you want to learn more about OkCupid, you may need to visit Wikipedia.
Delete OkCupid Account – Permanently Delete Your OkCupid Account
Deleting OkCupid Account Using My iOS
- Open the OkCupid app and sign in to the account
- Click the profile icon in the bottom right corner
- Go to Account Settings
- Click Disable your account
- Then from here, you will be required to answer a few Yes and No questions.
- Once you’re done, a page will pop up tap on the drop-down box and select Delete Account, then tap Confirm, and your account is instantly deleted
Deleting OkCupid Account Using My Android
- Open the OkCupid website and log in
- At the top corner of the page, you will find your profile picture
- Click Settings
- On the left side of the screen, click the tab My Account
- Scroll down and click Go here
- There is a red button at the bottom of the page that says Delete Account.Click it
- Tell OkCupid why you’re leaving and confirm by typing your password
- And click Delete
Steps to Erase your OkCupid
If you have finally decided to erase your OkCupid account permanently, then you will be able to do so by following just a few simple instructions.
- Login to your OkCupid account and hover over the arrow next to your icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu, and then scroll down to Go Here section in the middle.
- A page will pop up, and there is a button below that says “Delete Account” tap it and fill in the necessary information on the page that pops up.
- Once you are all set, tap the “Delete my Account” button. This will instantly and permanently delete your OkCupid.
Reasons Why You Want to Erase Your OkCupid Profile
Here are some of the reasons why you would want to delete your OkCupid profile:
- The main reason people delete their dating profiles is that they have met someone. Therefore they don’t see the need for the account anymore.
- There are many complaints from some individuals that they end up receiving messages from very many people, some with bad intentions. And for this reason, they end up erasing their id.
- Some individual will delete their profile because they are tired of logging in their account and not getting any replies from anyone.
- If an individual has found their match and they went out on a date, a bad dating experience with that site member may be the cause to delete the profile.
- If a member of the site is on a budget, she/he will weigh her or his options. If the expense of a dating site exceeds the benefits that the member is receiving, then they will delete their account.
- It can be discouraging to continuously search for a dating site without finding a suitable match, and this will cause some individuals to get up and delete their accounts.
- Dating is an exciting experience; however, if you are not ready, you can feel stressed or pressured. Some individuals will erase their ids after dipping their toe into the dating pool and realizing that they are not prepared for the dating world.
- In any group, some members are active, and then some are inactive. If a member is hesitant to post photos for one reason or another, then they will eventually end up deleting their profile.
- Self-doubt individuals. Those who think no one will understand them or no one is good or suitable for them.
That is it on Delete OkCupid Account – Permanently Delete Your OkCupid Account.
I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved.