Equifax – How To Delete Equifax Account – Equifax Login | Close Equifax Account: Are you looking for a guide on how to delete equifax account but don’t how to go about it? If your answer is yes or something related to that, here is a concise and straight to the point tutorial on how to close equifax account step by step.
Interestingly, how to delete or cancel equifax account is not a tough task. However, before we shall proceed with the guide on how to delete equifax account, let’s quickly take a brief look at what is equifax.
What Is Equifax?
According to Wikipedia, Equifax Inc. is an American multinational consumer credit reporting agency and is one of the three largest consumer credit reporting agencies, along with Experian and TransUnion. Equifax collects and aggregates information on over 800 million individual consumers and more than 88 million businesses worldwide. In addition to credit and demographic data and services to business, Equifax sells credit monitoring and fraud prevention services directly to consumers.
Equifax has its Headquarter in Atlanta, Georgia and its operates or has investments in 24 countries in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
This article is all about how to delete your equifax account. So if you are fed off of the platform and really want to delete your account, this article has gotten you covered.
If you have successfully signed up an account on equifax and want to login your account, just follow the below guide:
- First off, you will need to visit www.equifax.com on your browser
- Next, click on the login button at the top right corner of the equifax homepage
- Enter your email address
- Enter your password
- Click on the login button and you will be taken to your profile
That is how to easily login your equifax account. Having outlined that, let’s now proceed to the steps you will need to follow to easily delete your equifax account.
Requirements For Deleting Equifax Account
Here are ths documents you may need before you can delete your equifax account fast and easily.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Insurance Number
- Date Of Birth
- Address 1
- Address 2
- ZIP/Postal Code
- E-mail Address on account
How To Delete Your Equifax Account
The steps involved in deleting your equifax account is pretty simple and easy. Here, we will consider the different methods you will need to follow to easily close equifax account with zero stress. Follow the detailed guides on how to delete your equifax account below:
Method 1: How To Delete Equifax Account On Website
Every equifax account owner can easily access their profile and get their account deleted. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- First off, you will need to visit this url https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/otc/showmyequifax.ehtml and login your equifax account
- Or visit www.equifax.com in your browser
- Click on the login button at the top right corner of the page
- Enter your login email address
- Enter your login password
- Lastly, click on the login button and you will be taken to your equifax profile
- To continue with your account deletion, you will need to click on the profile button or my account as the case may be. This button is located at the top right corner of the page
- Next, you will need to navigate down the page and click on the manage billing option
- Navigate down the page and you should see the option that says cancel membership. Click on the cancel membership option to continue
- Fill out the form that appears with your information where it requested to do so
- Keep the confirmation information you’re given
- Lastly click on the cancel button and you are done
Once you carry out the steps successfully, you will receive a confirmation message that your account has been deleted. Those are the steps you will need to follow to easily delete your equifax account via the equifax official website.
Method 2; How To Delete Equifax Account Through Phone Account
Aside from the above guide, you can also contact the equifax support center through a live phone call and ask the representative to delete your account. Interestingly, you can call the equifax support toll free line at 866-243-8181. To get response from the equifax support team, you will need to call between the hours of 8 am – 3 am ET. The line is available 7 days a week
Follow the below guide to see how to get that done.
1. Contact the business at 1-866-640-2273
2. Advise the representative that you want to cancel your account
3. Provide the agent with your account info
4. Request that you be refunded
5. Ask for a verbal confirmation code or email as proof of your cancellation
6. Retain the confirmation information you’re given
That is it on Equifax – How To Delete Equifax Account – Equifax Login | Close Equifax Account.
I hope the guide was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!