Being a dominant player in the social media industry and being used by millions of people worldwide, Facebook is still as well-liked as ever. However, even Facebook’s most ardent users are hesitant in light of the latest privacy scandal. Should I really provide Facebook with my email address? You could also wonder, “Should I really be revealing my mobile number to Facebook?” We don’t blame you; nobody wants their identity to be compromised.
To open a Facebook account, however, you are not required to divulge any personal data. In fact, you may open a Facebook account without providing your email address at all! In other words, your personal email address won’t be given. Additionally, there is a way to create a Facebook account without providing a mobile number because Facebook now requires a phone number in addition to an email address.
There are techniques for doing things, and they are as follows:
How to create a Facebook Account without an Email Address
addresses for email. Most people have one. However, you can create a temporary email address in the unlikely event that you don’t have an email address or are unwilling to share your email address. In essence, a transient or disposable email address enables you to have an email address for a brief period of time (10-15 minutes). After then, the email provider will destroy it and you won’t have access to it. There are several services that let you make your email permanent, but it only takes ten to fifteen minutes to go past the Facebook account confirmation message. Let’s find out how to register for a Facebook account without using your email address.
- Select one of the many temporary email providers (making one is free, by the way)
- Create an email address with them, usually, upon visiting the website it will provide you with an email address straight away. You might also need to click on a button that says “Generate”.
- Use the email address to create a Facebook account. For heightened privacy, you can go on “incognito mode” on your browser.
- After signing up, Facebook will ask you for the code that was sent to your email address. Go back to your temporary email address and you should be able to see the confirmation email.
- Type the confirmation email on Facebook.
- You now created a Facebook account without an email address!
How to create a Facebook Account without a Mobile Number
You can choose a different path and open a Facebook account without providing a phone number, but you’ll have to use a temporary number. Although you don’t own these numbers, disposable phone numbers serve the same purpose as disposable email addresses in that you may use them to sign up for dubious websites and receive SMS on them.
Disposable phone numbers are shared by several people, as opposed to temporary email accounts, where a single email address is exclusively yours. You might see messages from other websites that the other users have registered for when using this service. In other words, you’ll need to hunt for another phone number if the one you’re using has already been used by someone else to join up for Facebook. However, these phone numbers are updated every few days (or every month), so after the supplier has issued a new set of phone numbers, you can try to beat everyone to the punch. Having said that, let’s find out how to register for a Facebook account without a phone number!
- Go to a temporary mobile number provider such as SMSRecieveFree (https://smsreceivefree.com/)
- For SMSReceiveFree, you’ll need to select a country. You can select either the US or Canada for the numbers.
- You’ll need to select the phone number you’ll be using. There are only preset numbers, you cannot create another number.
- Once you’ve selected the number that you’d like, you’ll be brought to a screen showing the Phone number and the messages that the number has received (remember that the mobile number is shared with multiple people)
- Go to Facebook and use the phone number to sign up
- Viola! You now have created a Facebook account without a mobile number.
Protecting your Privacy
You can regulate your privacy and safeguard your personal data right now on Facebook as well as on every other website by following these instructions. Particularly in this day and age, many people, including fraudsters and hackers, are eager to obtain any and all information they can. Ever wonder how spam emails get into your inboxes despite the fact that you haven’t given anyone your email address? These individuals may be present at work. You could end yourself with hundreds of spam emails if you’re not careful. Additionally, you can receive texts from unknown numbers asking you about promotions, events, and other things when you can’t remember to whom you’ve provided your number. In this situation, website exploitation by cybercriminals and fraudsters may also occur.
Whatever the situation, it always pays to exercise additional caution when making purchases online, even if it’s simply for website registration. You can make use of all of these transient and disposable mobile numbers and email addresses if there is a website you don’t trust or are hesitant to register with. Why not use them if they are already free? Everyone just wants to be able to rest easily at night knowing that their information is protected.
Therefore, if you’re unsure, just create a one-time use email address or phone number, and you’ll be ready to go! Have fun, and let us know if this article was helpful to you in the comments.