Dates are always fun. You have a great time together and get to know each other a little bit more on a date.
But when it is the first date, stakes are usually higher. You are a bit anxious and totally understanding about what to wear.
In today’s article, I will be sharing with you things you should not wear for your first date!
- Too much perfume: Experts think wearing too much perfume on a first date can be a problem.
- New Shoes: You need to walk a day or two in your new shoes. They might irritate your feet or give you blisters. You do not want to limp on your date, do you?
- Sports Wear: You love sports. That’s really good but we would not advise you to wear your workout attire for your very first date. Wearing a sports outfit can turn your date off.
- Too Short Skirts: Wear skirts in which you are comfortable and show just the right amount of those toned calves. Micro minis are not an ideal outfit choice for a first date.
- Too Much Jewellery: Avoid wearing a lot of heavy jewellery on your first date, wear trendy and esteem jewellery which would look pretty impressive.
- Never-Ending Heels: Wearing 5-inch towering heels on your first date is definitely, not acceptable. If you must wear heels then choose gladiator sandals or wedges instead of stilettos.
- Something Uncomfortable: Give your clothes a test run before choosing them. Wear something you are comfortable in. Adjusting your hair, your clothes, again and again, will take the focus away from the conversation you are having.
- T-Shirts with Slogans: Avoid wearing t-shirts with bold messages printed on them.
- Too Much Makeup: Wear makeup that looks more natural with a light alignment of colour on your lips.
What you should not do on a first date
Don’t worry, the ideas below are not difficult to incorporate in the dating scene.
You only have to be loyal enough to read, learn new concepts, and unlearn some of the things you got wrong before.
If you have had a bad first date before, you will agree that it is an unpleasant experience.
So, let’s ensure you get the next one right by learning all the things to avoid: promptness begins.
Talking About Your Ex or Previous Relationship Experiences: The quality of the interaction you have while on the date is also important as you’ve got to be yourself and be genuine while saying the right things.
Speaking excessively about your ex or prior relationships is not ideal for a first date (remember that this first date represents a fresh start).
You can only talk about your ex or prior relationship experiences when she asks you such specific questions. Please don’t compare your ex to your date.
Your previous relationships are no longer part of your present reality: let that experience go and become conscious of what is before you.
Don’t Impose a Second Date: Lastly, don’t impose a second date or subsequent hangouts if she doesn’t seem thrilled about it.
Some ladies will drop hints about desiring a second date and even mention it outrightly to you, so that’s great because she takes the lead.
However, some ladies may not want another date: don’t push them to commit to it because you want it. Being too persuasive about another date is not an excellent way of bringing the date to an end.
Be a gentleman, have fun, enjoy the moment, make sure she is having fun, and don’t make her feel uncomfortable with the insistence that she must commit to another date.