Epic Games is providing Fortnite players the free Boogie Down emote in exchange for them securing their accounts, so it’s time to dance. In addition to receiving a very slick-looking emote, users will benefit from an additional layer of account security owing to two-factor authentication.
The Boogie Down emote in Fortnite can only be unlocked by players who have enabled two-factor authentication on their Epic Games account. It’s relatively simple to set up two-factor authentication, an additional security measure that keeps accounts secure. Players only need an Epic Games account, a mobile device that can download an authenticator app, and five minutes.
- Go to: http://www.fortnite.com/2FA
- Login to Epic Games account
- Go to Profile
- Select Password & Security on the left
- Scroll down to Two-Factor Authentication
- Select Enable Authenticator App
- Download authenticator app to mobile phone (Google Authenticator works well)
- Tap the + symbol on the authenticator app
- Scan the QR code or manually input the digits into the authenticator
- Wait for the authenticator to recognise the Epic Games account
- Input the 6-digit code that appears on the authenticator app into Epic Games
- Click activate
The Fortnite account and the Epic Games account will both receive the two-factor authentication after these procedures are finished. Sometimes Fortnite or Epic Games will ask users to enter the 6-digit number from the authenticator app when two-factor authentication is enabled. To do this, simply launch the authenticator app, enter the digits before they expire, and then enter the new 6-digit code that displays if they do.
All that’s needed to do is launch Fortnite to get the Boogie Down emote and the congratulations for turning on the extra security. Launch Battle Royale, go to the locker, and equip that adorable new dance.