Minecraft is arguably one of the most well-known video games in the world. There are presently over 126 million active users in the game. The popular sandbox game, created by Swedish creators Mojang, allows players to express their creativity by creating a new virtual world out of various types of blocks and venturing into uncharted territory. Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition are the two sorts of Minecraft games available. The former is by far the most popular among players all around the world.
This version of the game includes new fighting mechanics as well as various other features not seen in the Bedrock Version. Furthermore, the game’s cross-platform playability is one of its strongest features. This means that gamers on many platforms, such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and others, can play together. So, if you’re interested in playing this art-style game, here’s everything you need to know.
How to Download Minecraft Java Edition Online on PC or Laptop
On your PC or laptop, you may also download the Minecraft Java Edition game. All you have to do now is follow the steps below:
- Go to minecraft.net and click on Get Minecraft Java Edition.
- Now, select Computer from the list of available platforms. You will be given options to select between Windows, macOS, and Linux. Select Windows if you are a Windows 10 user.
- If you select Windows, you will be given two games to purchase: Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. One can choose according to your need. If you are playing Minecraft for the first time, we suggest you go for the former.
- Then you will be asked to choose between Starter Collection and Master Collection. The former is priced at Rs 1,674 and the latter is priced at Rs 2,724. Choose the variant and make the payment.
- Now, simply download and install it on your PC and start playing it without any hassle.
Interestingly, if you are new to the game and would like to try it out first, the developers provide a trial version. The demo edition lasts for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or 5 days in-game. So, here’s how you can get a free trial of Minecraft for your computer or laptop.
- Open the browser on your PC and search for ‘Minecraft Free Trial’. Alternatively, you can click on this link.
- You will see three options under the Minecraft Free trial version which includes Windows, Android and Sony PlayStation. Click on Windows to download the trial version.
- The website will take you to the Microsoft store, click on Free Trial beneath the purchase option and log in with your Microsoft account using email, phone or Skype.
The Minecraft installer application will be downloaded to your PC once you’ve finished. Follow the on-screen directions to install the game on your computer and begin playing the demo version.
How to Play Minecraft Online for Free on PC or Laptop
What if we told you that you could still play Minecraft without having to download or buy the game? Mojang just re-published the game’s first version, which was released in 2009. The game is playable in the browser and comes with only 32 bricks to construct, as well as all of the original buds and the classic interface. All you have to do is go to the website https://classic.minecraft.net/. After that, the website will prompt you to create a username and click Start to begin playing the Minecraft Classic edition for free in your browser.