Delete Paytm Account – How To Delete Paytm Account Temporarily | Close Paytm Permanently: Do you have an account with paytm and now wish to get the account deleted? If your answer is yes, here is a post that teaches the complete steps you need to follow to easily delete paytm temporarily or permanently.
Yes, every Paytm account owner can either deactivate or delete an account. And fortunately, this article will show you everything about deleting or deactivating paytm account fast and easily.
Well, before we shall proceed with the process of deleting Paytm account, let’s first off, take a brief look at what Paytm is all about.
What Is Paytm?
Interestingly, Paytm (Meaning Pay through mobile and pronounced similar to ATM) is an Indian e-commerce payment system and financial technology company, based in Noida, India.
Paytm is currently available in 11 Indian languages and offers online use-cases like mobile recharges, utility bill payments, travel, movies, and events bookings as well as in-store payments at grocery stores, fruits and vegetable shops, restaurants, parking, tolls, pharmacies and educational institutions with the Paytm QR code.
California-based PayPal filed a case against Paytm in the Indian trademark office for using a logo with a similar color combination to its own on 18 November 2016.
This article is all about how to deactivate or delete paytm account using your mobile phone or personal computer.
If you have signed up for a paytm account, you can easily visit the platform official website to access or login to your account. The process involved in how to login your paytm account is not a tough task and can be done using your smartphone and pc.
Interestingly, to Login into your Paytm Web account, do the following:
- First off, you will need to visit www.paytm.com in your browser
- Next, go to the top right corner of the paytm homepage and click on the log in/sign up button
- Now, you will need to use your smartphone to scan the code, You can do that by opening your Paytm App
- Tap Scanoption available at the bottom
- Point Paytm Scan at QR Code to login
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily login your paytm account using your personal computer. Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, how to deactivate and delete paytm account fast and easily,
Requirements For Deleting Your Paytm Account
Before you can delete or deactivate your paytm account, there are certain documents you will need to have handy. Below are some of the requirements for deleting or deactivating paytm account.
- mobile phone
- email address
- Billing address
- username or full name and many others
How To Deactivate Your Paytm Account
If you wish to take a break from paytm or think your paytm account have been compromised, you can follow the below guide to “Temporarily Block Your Paytm Account”.
Note: there is no direct link that on your paytm profile account that lets you deactivate your account directly. To deactivate your paytm account, all you need to do is to contact the paytm customer team. You can get that done by following the below guide:
- Go back to the previous menu
- Select “I am unable to access my Account”
- From the options, select “I need to block my account”
- Submit the block request to us along with one proof of account ownership
- Once you have done that successfully, paytm team will send you a confirmation message post blocking your account
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily deactivate paytm account. It is important to note here that you can always unblock your deactivated paytm account whenever you wish to.
How To Permanently Delete/Close Your Paytm Account
The above guide only show you the steps you need to follow to easily deactivate your account. In this section, you will see the steps you will follow to easily close or delete paytm account permanently. Note that permanently deleted paytm account can’t be recovered or unblocked after deleting.
So before you proceed to click on the delete button or request your account to be permanently deleted, make sure you are ready to get that done. To permanently delete paytm account, do the following:
- Raise a request to close your account by clicking the “Message us” box below
- After receiving your request, our team will contact you to confirm the reason for closing your account (We have witnessed that many of our users asking for a closure have a different issue in reality and it helps us to answer their concerns)
- Post this call to verify the request, paytm team will send an SMS on your Paytm registered number with a link to close your account
- Follow the link to confirm your request to delete/close account
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily delete paytm account permanently.
If you wish to delete/close your account and not use any of Paytm services, following is what you need to know
- If you have balance in your account, then make sure to use it or transfer it before sending a request for closure. Balance transfer from your Paytm account to another Paytm account or bank account is allowed only after KYC as per the RBI guidelines dated October 11, 2017, Para 9, Point no. 9.1 (i) (g) and (k) (see applicable RBI guidelines here: bit.ly/ppiwallet)
- Closing your account unlinks your phone number and the associated login ID and password are no longer valid. Effectively, you cannot login to Paytm anymore with these tokens
- The PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act) guidelines – section 12, point no. 3 & 4 (bit.ly/fiuindia) and PPI guidelines para 6, point no. 6.3 (bit.ly/ppiwallet) requires your transaction logs to be stored for a period of up to 10 years post the deletion of an account. This data is stored on servers located in India and would never be shared with any third-party. Only government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information will have access to this information, through a legally compliant data request.
That is it on Delete Paytm Account – How To Delete Paytm Account Temporarily | Close Paytm Permanently. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share this guide with your friends and loved ones!!!