In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly how to retrieve archived messages on messenger.
This post will expose you to the techniques I used to archive messages messenger.
We’ve also included how to view archived messages on Facebook messenger as a bonus guide in the latter part of this article.
Facebook Messenger as we all know grown to become too powerful.
Billions of people use the app in interacting and connecting with friends and close relatives.
Interestingly, if you’re a Facebook veteran and have lots of friends, chances are that you had received lots of messages from friends.
Facebook messenger allows users to delete messages they would want to keep in their chat histories.
This feature lets you permanently get rid of conversations in Facebook messenger.
However, when you delete a Facebook messenger message, there is no option that helps you retrieve them.
Thus, rather than deleting important messages on messenger, it is advisable to archived messenger messages.
Interestingly, archiving Facebook messenger messages helps you save the messages in a folder on the messaging platform.
And you can view archived messages in messenger whenever you wish to.
This post as earlier promised will also take a brief look at how to retrieve archived messages on Facebook messenger.
Related: How to Delete Archived Messages On Facebook – How to Delete Facebook Story Archive
How To Archive messages on Facebook Messenger
Archiving a conversation in Facebook messages hides it from your chatbox pending the next time you chat with that person.
The process of how to get that done is particularly easy in Facebook Messenger.
It takes a conversation to a separate folder to keep your inbox tidy and ordered.
How to Archive Facebook Messenger Messages on a Computer
To archive facebook messenger conversation, do the following:
- Click messenger at the left column of your Facebook profile
- Go to the profile of the person you want to archive the conversation
- Hover your mouse on the profile and click on (…) at the far right of the profile
- Click on the archive button
The selected conversation is immediately removed from your chat box and sent to archived messages.
That is how to archive messenger messages using your personal computer.
Now, let’s consider how to archive Facebook messages using your mobile devices.
How to View Archived Facebook Messenger Messages on a Computer
To view archive messages on messenger, do the following:
- Log in to your Facebook account by typing facebook.com in your browser and tapping on the enter button to proceed to the Facebook official login page
- Next, enter your login details in the spaces provided and hit on the login button
- On your Facebook profile, navigate to the left column of your Facebook page and tap on the messenger icon
- Locate at the top right corner of the page and tap on the Settings button
5. Select archive chats from the dropdown menu
How to Archive Facebook Messenger Messages On Android
Just like how to archive messages on messenger using your computer, how to archive messages on messenger is very simple and easy.
Follow the below steps to get it done:
- Open the messenger app on your Android device
- You’ll need to log in to the messaging app if you’ve not already done that
- Next, tap on the home button to open your chats
- Navigate to the conversation you wish to archive. Tap and hold on to it
- Finally, tap archive, and you’re done
That is how to archive messages on messenger using your Android device.
How to Archive Facebook Messenger Messages On iPhone
To archive messenger messages on iOS devices, do the following:
- Open the messaging app in your app
- Log in to the app using your login details if you’ve not already logged in
- Slip to the bottom of the page and tap on the home button to open your conversations
- Find the conversation you want to archive. Once you found it, tap and hold on to it
- From the popup, choose more
- Finally, tap archive, and you’re done.
That is it with archiving messages on Facebook messenger.
Let’s now consider how to view archived messages on Facebook messenger.
How to Retrieve Archived Messages On Facebook Messenger
If you’ve archived messages on Facebook messenger, you can always view them whenever you wish to.
All you need to do is to log in to your Facebook account and do the following:
- Click on the messenger icon on the left menu of the Facebook page
- Click on the settings button at the top left corner of the messenger page
- Click on the archived chats
- Finally, you’ll see all the list of messages you’ve archived on messenger.
That is how to view archived messages on Facebook messenger.
I hope this article was helpful.
Related: How Can I Read Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger Android
[…] Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger […]